Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Fever ...

Spring has come and has me feeling strangely nostalgic. As I walk into my classroom on these humid spring mornings, I have flashbacks to the beginning of the year, when I had no idea what I was doing.

Now, I still have pretty much no idea what I am doing, but I am slowly getting my footing. Even this entry is an attempt to delay my finishing a brief mini-lecture that I'll be giving tomorrow before a quiz (that I spent 3 hours today creating).

By this point in the year, I am done with my BCTR content seminars - bi-weekly meetings designed to teach new teachers how to plan their units backwards, which they might actually be able to do in 2-3 years. I'm done with all of my formal observations - satisfactory. I'm almost done with my last literacy in the content area at Hopkins.

In fact, with HSA's at the end of May, that means there are about 3 weeks left to teach. That is frustrating because I'm not as far in world history as I would like. Next year will go much differently.

I've found that as the year goes on, I have less and less to say about anything. I'm always neck deep in work.

No comments: