Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Giving my first test....

So today was my first test.  It went well on the delivery side of it.  We'll see how it goes when I get the scores tallied up.  From what I saw, the smart kids were done in about half the time of what was recommended to me that I allot for them to take the test.  I have a feeling like some kids are going to just get a straight up 100%, but that is just my guess.  

I ended up making 3 different versions, which I copied simultaneously so they were already premixed ready for me to distribute to students.  I also created three variants on the essays, just to avoid some later period students getting off easy because their friends told them all the essay topics.  

The best part by far was the peace and quiet that dominated today.  My students were well-behaved and every class period was so quiet.  When students were done, I told them they could just rest their heads - and they did.  I had to wake them up to collect their tests.  It was like nap-time in preschool.

I have so much stuff to grade right now I don't know how I'm going to get it all done within the week.  I've meant to grade during my planning period, but sometimes I just tend to fall into some sort of mindless state as my brian processes the millions of data inputs that fly at me every second in my classroom.  I think that as I build more stamina in teaching, I'll be able to just file away the day and get to work on what has to get done.  That is one of the only ways to be able to leave work at a decent time and have a life outside of the classroom.


No comments: